Community: America
Issue: Rising debt
One of the major issues affecting our nation is the amount
of rising debt that our nation is accruing.
The popular opinion on this is that the government needs to reduce
spending by many different means and figure out a way to get our country back
on track and out of debt. The position
taken by people in authority is one in agreement with the problem but people in
authority cannot come to an agreement on the solution. My position is more of a libertarian
viewpoint and is one that entails reducing government spending by pulling out
of the different wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as not starting a new war
with Syria, mainly because war is expensive. Next I would then reduce our
imports and increase our exports. Doing
this by increasing the amount of jobs in factories thus making our economies
net worth grow. Also by creating more
jobs that creates a bigger opportunity for people to spend the money they’re
making. Yes there are definitely
practices I reject as well as ones I advocate for. For example, I advocate the libertarian view
of “keeping things in house”, I do not support importing a ton of goods that
can very well be made in America. I
reject that practice, the practice of importing goods that are made over seas
because in doing that you are taking away from the American economy. I agree with most republicans and all
libertarians. I disagree with almost all
democrats, at least on this issue of the economy. The people who disagree with me mainly just want
to increase taxes to pay off the debt that America has accrued over the
years.
Issue 2: Distance between family members
There is a rising issue in my family that is almost all of
my family has been split up. As in, we
all live in different places. For
example, my brother lives in Baltimore, my sister lives in Denton, I also live
in Denton, my mother lives in Boise, and my father lives in Houston. This is becoming an issue because it is
causing my siblings and I to choose where we want to spend holidays. Which is offending the parent who misses out
on seeing the kids for that holiday. I
understand why it offends my parents but it is just impossible to make everyone
happy in this situation. I do not like
hurting my parent’s feelings but it has to be done 9 times out of 10. This issue is hard on the kids as well, it
causes them to make a decision in which they wish everyone could be happy but
that is not a possible outcome. Of
course both parents say “I’ll be okay if you don’t come” but that is a complete
lie. They would be devastated if they
didn’t get to see their kids for holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas. This is especially hard on me because I also
have to consider my wife’s family as well.
They all live in the Los Angeles area and in the Kansas City area as
well. It is becoming a huge ordeal as to
where I will end up when it comes time for the holidays to begin. The hardest part about all this is to decide
which stance I want to take, as in, do I want to fly to Boise, or to L.A., or
do I want to drive to Kansas City, or drive to Houston. There are so many options to choose from and
it is hard to finally decide which would be the best decision for
everyone. Compromise is hard especially
when you are working to compromise with family. That mostly being because
family is most of the time unwavering. But, I normally side with my father on
this issue because he thinks about it pretty much the same why I do. That way being, visit whoever is going to be
the most cost effective. That being
said, this year me and my wife are flying to Boise for a few days mostly
because I have not seen my Mother since June and would enjoy seeing her in her
new house. As well as while I’m up there I will be able to visit my grandmother
and her husband. So to me I am getting
“more bang for my buck” if I go up there.
No comments:
Post a Comment