Monday, September 23, 2013

Issues 1-3 first commonplace entry # 1

Issue 1: One issue that has been facing me in my apartment community is the defacing of my personal property.  I had a "Duck Dynasty" welcome mat that I had placed out in front of my door.  After a weekend in Fort Worth I returned home to discover someone had written" Fags" on it in permanent marker.  This is becoming more and more of a problem as other people have complained about similar things.  After discovering the welcome mat, I immediately went to the leasing office and expressed my unhappiness with the current situation.  My solution to this problem is to do a more thorough check of potential patrons.  This is an unacceptable thing that should not continue to happen.

Issue 2: I have noticed that my generation has a huge problem with a sense of entitlement.  I was raised in a household that preached "earn what you work for." The current generation has no idea of what that means, they continually take the stance of everyone owes them something.  This is made blatantly apparent when looking at some of my sisters friends who have yet to get a job and they are all around 19 years old.  I personally got a job at 16 and helped my mother pay the bills the household concurred. My solution to this problem is require work studies and things of that nature in high school so teenagers are required to get a job earlier in their lives which will promote a healthier understanding of how the real world works.

Issue 3: Another problem my generation has is complete disrespect for their elders.  I have personally seen kids around me and my sister's age tell their parents to "shut up" or "screw off".  If that was me my mother and father would have punished me accordingly.  I dumbfounds me that children and teenagers are talking to their parents that way.  Children need to realize what their parents have done for them and treat them with appropriate respect.  It is completely unacceptable for people to treat anyone that way.  My solution is for parents to be more strict on their children and teach them proper ways of acting instead of letting the television teach them how to act.    

No comments:

Post a Comment